Emergency After-Hours Help Line
Stanford community members in need of immediate legal assistance outside of regular office hours may call 650-736-7808. Please note that this line is reserved for emergency situations.
Emergency situations could include:
- any major incident at Stanford involving the police or fire department (the police and fire department can be contacted at 9-911)
- a law enforcement officer or government official demands:
- a search of university or hospital space
- to review university or hospital records
- to interview university or hospital employees about a business matter (even if the officer arrives at the employee’s home)
- the need for advice regarding whether to make a citizen’s arrest on behalf of the university
- other similar matters demanding immediate legal attention
To contact an attorney directly, please refer to the Attorneys directory.